So you’ve decided to come to Canberräng. Firstly, great choice! Read on for some tips for your stay…
Apart from the Lake George Winery, all our venues are fairly central around the inner parts of Canberra. If you choose accommodation that is close to Civic (our main city precinct), you’ll be well-placed for food and drink options, plus you’ll probably find yourself a short ride away from the late night venue as well. In Civic you’ll find the Canberra Centre for shopping (including supermarkets), plenty of great restaurants, cafes and bars, a novelty carousel, plus the bus and light rail interchange.
If you’re looking to Air BnB, you might want to look for places in the suburbs of Braddon, Turner, O’Connor, Ainslie or Dickson.
Here are a few hotel options to get you started:
- Midnight Hotel (In the heart of Braddon where all the cafe’s, bar’s and cool kids go)
- Mantra on Northbourne (solid choice and a short walk to Civic, 5 minute drive to late nights when on)
- Quality Hotel Dickson (a little bit further north of the City, but good value and in a great spot for groceries, food, cafe’s etc.)
- Rex Hotel (walk/light rail to Civic, great restaurants more on the pricey side, 4 minute drive to late nights when they are on)
- Mantra MacArthur Hotel (light rail to Civic, 2 minute drive to late nights when they are on)
- Hyatt (art deco glam and right next door to Albert Hall)
- Ovolo Nisho (More pricey, but trendy vibes and awesome location, walking distance to Civic, 8 min drive to late nights when on)
- YHA (excellent central location in Civic, great for those on a budget, 8 minute drive to late nights when on)
- Novotel (short walk to Civic, 4 minute drive to late nights when on)
- Avenue Hotel (walking/light rail to Civic, 5 minute drive to late nights when on)
- Pavilion on Northbourne (light rail to Civic, 2 minute drive to late nights when on)
The Saturday afternoon event is held at the Lake George Winery, which is about a 30 minute drive from the pick up point. If you don’t have a car with you (or if you’re keen for wine), you can book a ticket on our dedicated bus. The bus schedule is as follows:
– 11.10am departure from Canberra City (Civic) Bus Interchange to Lake George Winery
– 4 pm departure from Lake George Winery. Bus will drop dancers back to the Canberra City (Civic) Bus Interchange approximately 4:45pm to 4:50pm.
You’ll need to book your $18 return bus ticket in advance on our Trybooking website. Please note that Canberrang passes do not include a bus ticket, so you’ll need to add that separately to your basket.
If you’re going to dance hard, chances are you’re going to be pretty hungry! Civic and neighbouring Braddon have some really great finds, so here are some local favourites to give you some ideas:
- BentSpoke Brewing Co, Braddon: Born and brewed in Canberra.
- CBD Dumpling House, Civic: Dumplings galore.
- Baby Su, Civic: Fried chicken of dreams.
- Lazy Su, Braddon: Modern Asian eating house.
- Civic Asian Noodle House, Civic: Cheap and cheerful with life-affirming laksa
- Monster Bar, New Acton: Trendy with local and seasonal produce perfect for sharing.
- Molly, Civic: Secret speakeasy (look for the light bulb) with moody vibes, jazzy tunes and an impressive whisky list.
- Silo Bakery, Kingston: One of the best bakeries in Canberra! Delicious fresh French style pastries and great coffee.
- Messina Gelato: Yeah yeah, we finally caught up and have our own branch in both Braddon and Kingston too!
- Sweet Bones, Braddon: Vegan sweet treats.
- Lonsdale St Roasters, Braddon: C-o-f-f-e-e (and bacon & egg rolls).
- Grease Monkey, Braddon: Good for burgers and a casual hang.
- Teddy Picker’s, Campbell: Breakfast of champions.
- Brodburger, Kingston Foreshore: Delish burgers (choose your own cheese!), order on the phone app to beat the wait.
- Penny University, Kingston: Delicious breakfast, amazing coffee, great staff. Our favourite by far!
- Bui, Kingston: Excellent vietnamese food, guaranteed to cate to all dietary requirements.
Canberra traffic is pretty chill so if you have a car, you’ll easily be able to navigate around with minimum fuss and short drive times. Don’t panic about the roundabouts.
If you don’t have a car, then you still have plenty of options – you can cab it, grab an Uber, or even share/snag a ride with new-found Canberräng friends!
You can also check out our public transport network (we have buses and a shiny new light rail) to get to some venues.
If you’d like a seat on our shuttle bus to the Lake George Winery event (40 minutes out of town), you’ll need to book it in advance online.