Apart from the Lake George Winery, all our venues are fairly central around the inner parts of Canberra. If you choose accommodation that is close to Civic (our main city precinct), you’ll be well-placed for food and drink options, plus you’ll probably find yourself a short ride away from the late night venue as well. In Civic you’ll find the Canberra Centre for shopping (including supermarkets), plenty of great restaurants, cafes and bars, a novelty carousel, plus the bus and light rail interchange.
If you’re looking to Airbnb, you might want to look for places in the suburbs of Braddon, Turner, O’Connor, Ainslie, Kingston and Manuka.
Here are a few hotel options to get you started:
- Quality Hotel Dickson (approximately 10 minute drive from the late night venue)
- Midnight Hotel (in the heart of Braddon where all the cafes, bars and great eateries are)
- Mantra on Northbourne (solid choice and a short walk to Civic)
- Rex Hotel (walk/light rail to Civic)
- Mantra MacArthur Hotel (light rail to Civic)
- Hyatt (art deco glam)
- Ovolo Nishi (more pricey, trendy vibes, awesome location, walking distance to Civic)
- Novotel (short walk to Civic)
- Avenue Hotel (walking/light rail to Civic)
- Pavilion on Northbourne (light rail to Civic)
The Sunday afternoon event is held at the Lake George Winery, which is about a 30 minute drive from the pick up point. The bus schedule is as follows:
- 1:00 pm – depart from the Old Bus Depot Markets, Kingston. Please be at the meeting spot by 12:45 pm at the latest.
- 5:00 pm – depart from the Lake George Winery. The bus will drop you back at the Canberra City (Civic) Bus Interchange at approximately 5:50 pm as well as the Old Bus Depot Markets Kingston at approximately 6:00 pm.
If you’re going to dance hard, chances are you’re going to be pretty hungry! Civic and neighbouring Braddon have some really great finds, so here are some local favourites to give you some ideas:
- BentSpoke Brewing Co, Braddon: Born and brewed in Canberra.
- CBD Dumpling House, Civic: Dumplings galore.
- Baby Su, Civic: Fried chicken of dreams.
- Lazy Su, Braddon: Modern Asian eating house.
- Civic Asian Noodle House, Civic: Cheap and cheerful with life-affirming laksa
- Monster Bar, New Acton: Trendy with local and seasonal produce perfect for sharing.
- Molly, Civic: Secret speakeasy (look for the light bulb) with moody vibes, jazzy tunes and an impressive whisky list.
- Silo Bakery, Kingston: One of the best bakeries in Canberra! Delicious fresh French style pastries and great coffee.
- Messina Gelato: Need we say more?
- Sweet Bones, Braddon: Vegan sweet treats.
- Lonsdale St Roasters, Braddon: C-o-f-f-e-e (and bacon & egg rolls).
- Grease Monkey, Braddon: Good for burgers and a casual hang.
- Teddy Picker’s, Campbell: Breakfast of champions.
- Brodburger, Kingston Foreshore: Delish burgers (choose your own cheese!), order on the phone app to beat the wait.
- Penny University, Kingston: Delicious breakfast, amazing coffee, great staff. Our favourite by far!
- Bui, Kingston: Excellent vietnamese food, guaranteed to cate to all dietary requirements.
Canberra traffic is pretty chill so if you have a car, you’ll easily be able to navigate around with minimum fuss and short drive times. Don’t panic about the roundabouts.
If you don’t have a car, then you still have plenty of options – you can cab it, grab an Uber, or even share/snag a ride with new-found Canberräng friends!
You can also check out our public transport network (we have buses and a shiny new light rail) to get to some venues.